These are just a few of the concerns that are often discussed on passive income forums and searched on Google about Niche marketing. But remember these things:
- Niche websites are still here; in fact, most of the online entrepreneurs start their online businesses with niche websites and microblogs. Furthermore, they are going to stay for a long time, and as long as Google and other search engines give preference to good content, niche websites are going to earn lots of money.
- Niche websites are not the slowest passive income source. In fact, they are among the most reliable and the most versatile passive income sources. With the help of a reliable and pragmatic strategy, you will be able to make it a multi-purpose earning platform.
- Niche websites are not an unreliable passive income source. Those who do not adopt a pragmatic strategy, and those who create unrealistic goals, fail miserably.
Just imagine; you are on holiday while your bank balance is increasing!
Are you ready to learn about this most versatile passive income idea?
What is a Niche Website?
The most focused websites are known as Niche Websites. These websites are designed and constructed to conform with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) techniques. There are two important aspects of niche websites:
- They focus on specific information.
- They provide useful and interesting content to the readers.
The Most Important Parts of a Niche Website!
I strongly believe in prioritizing money and profit over all other things when it comes to passive income. However, I adopt a different strategy with niche marketing.
The people to content relationship is the most important part of creating and managing a niche website. In niche marketing and niche content writing, the primary focus is on the consumers and readers. And in order to attract the attention of your readers, you need to keep in mind the three most important aspects of niche websites:
- The website offers unique and original content. Remember, the Internet contains loads of information, and the visitor must have already visited a number of platforms before landing on your website. Why would he or she stay on your website if the content is commonplace and does not offer anything new?
- The subject and theme of the website must be very specific. If the theme is not specific, the search engines won’t send a targeted audience, and you will not be able to attract deserved attention.
- You know how important it is to have specific and defining keywords for your niche website! How Niche Websites are Different from All the other Passive Income Ideas
Benefits of Niche Websites
Just imagine having a website of your own with an independent blog, embedded social media accounts, and connection to over three affiliate marketing programs! Isn’t it a dream come true?
Niche websites act like a platform from where you can operate all other passive income programs. Although we are only giving a few of them, the benefits of having a niche website are enormous.
- You can have as many niche websites as you can operate conveniently.
- You can run your blogging, YouTube, affiliate marketing, Podcasting, and several other passive income sources on your niche website.
- You can convert your niche website into an e-store.
- You are done with one of your websites, however, you don’t want to close or abandon it because of the huge incoming traffic, and the effort that you have put into it. Don’t worry; you can sell your running niche website on platforms such as Flippa. The process also works by flipping websites; especially if it is associated with Google Adsense.
How Can You Make Money with Niche Marketing?
Don’t you want to be that lucky guy who is earning $500+ per month through niche websites alone? And how fascinating is the idea of earning a big chunk of $1000+ at the time when you decide to sell your niche website!
Here is how you can earn more money with your niche website: Niche websites provide an excellent opportunity for affiliate marketing. You can post ads and banners as well as encrypt links within the content. Amazon and ClickBank are excellent sources of affiliate marketing through niche websites.
You can earn by writing reviews, articles, and small blog posts. Google Adsense is another great source of earning through your niche websites.
Private advertising is also an excellent source of earning. Most of the private businesses are keen to advertise their services on a niche website.
Are you ready to create a source of passive income that will keep your bank balance increasing, even when you are partying?
Here is the step-by-step process of building a niche website
Step 1: Brainstorm Niche Ideas
The very first step is to decide on the niche. Keeping in mind your interests, note down all the ideas that come into your mind. Narrow down your search;
- Can you write 100+ posts on this topic?
- Can you do reviews?
- Does the topic offer good affiliate programs?
Read My Other Articles on How to Find a Profitable Niche Site Idea
Step 2: Set Up Your Website
The easiest way to set up a website is to hire a freelancer on oDesk or Fiverr and get your own website along with a domain name in no more than 24 hours. Interestingly, the entire bargain will cost you no more than $20.
There are many reasons to choose WordPress for Your Niche Marketing website for Example Easy to manage Backend platform, SEO, free Plugin, and themes etc. Click here to learn more on How To Setup WordPress website blog.
Step 3: Content Creation Plan
It is vital to plan for writing and updating fresh content on your website. You should make an initial target of uploading 100+ articles on your website or, 3-5 posts every week until you achieve the desired ranking on search engines.
Step 4: Keyword Research
In the world of niche marketing, content creation and blog writing, you will come across several types of keywords. Normally, the content of a website is designed in accordance with three types of keywords:
- Primary Keywords
- Secondary Keywords
- LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) Keywords
Another important aspect is that the keywords may be one, two, or more than three words. There are also long-tail Keywords, also known as key-phrases.
Keyword Research Tools:
Keeping in mind the importance of keywords, I suggest that you utilize reliable tools that will help you find appropriate keywords for your posts. Here are a few of the reliable keyword searching tools:
Some Tips on Using Keywords
- You must have two to three primary keywords that you will use in all your posts.
- You must search secondary keywords separately for each of your independent posts.
Niche: Sports Gear
Primary Keywords: Sports Gear Online, Sports Gear Reviews, Best Sports Gear ( Topic: How to get Best Tennis Gear ) Secondary Keywords: Best Athlete Apparel, Best Sports Shoes, Affordable Online Sports Gear, etc.
- Keyword density (Number of times a keyword is used within the body of the article/review) must not exceed 2-3% for the primary keyword and 1% for the secondary keyword.
- The title must contain the primary keyword.
- Keywords must be present in the first line as well as in the last paragraph of the content.
Step 5: Promote Your Website
Now is the time to let the world now about your website. You can use the following platforms to advertise your website:
- Through Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Backlinking
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.)
Be Innovative: There are probably hundreds of people already working on the niche that you have chosen. How can you be noticed in such a large pool of already established websites?
The answer is simple: because you are going to be innovative! Because you will write what people want to read and because your content will be close to the heart and mind of the readers. Give people something new and different, stay away from conventional topics, and the market will be yours!
Podcast Marketing is different to all other marketing channels because it allows the target audience to connect with you and your product in a unique way. With the help of a podcast, you penetrate into the personal space of an individual. According to research, people listen to podcasts on their laptops, mobile phones, iPods, car stereo systems and MP3 devices. Just imagine how powerful the magical spell of the podcast is, plus, when you launch your own Podcasting app you will stay in touch with your prospective audience, even when they are not reading your blog, watching your YouTube video, or clicking on your affiliate marketing links.
Let’s have a look at the comparisons below:
Podcasts vs. YouTube:
I am a successful YouTuber, can I become a successful Podcaster?
Yes you can !
Podcasting is certainly different to YouTube. Besides, we rarely hear or study cases of individuals who are doing both things right. This is why:
- Podcasting is completely different to YouTube. Although podcasts are sometimes made in a video format which looks and sounds similar to YouTube, the strategy used for podcast promotion and ranking is very different to YouTube.
- On YouTube you have to open and operate your own channel.
- You will get clear cut statistics of how many views you are getting, as well as where the traffic originated. Podcasts, however, are published on apps and websites (e.g. iTunes, RSS, and Android apps).
- You can convert your YouTube videos into audio/video podcasts. Podcasts costs less than YouTube videos, and they are created easier and quicker than the same length YouTube videos.
- Podcasting covers a broader spectrum of audience because it is on iTunes, is distributed through RSS, and is heard on the iOS (Operating system) as well as the Android App.
- You can sell your Podcasts.
- Audio podcasts are more popular than video podcasts and YouTube videos, website because they can be heard while on the go, carrying out a chore, and surfing the internet.
Podcasts vs. Blogging
Do You Know? The majority of people simply do not read your content beyond the topic and headlines. (Scary isn’t it?) How will you get to these people? How will you convey your message to this faction of customers?
The majority of people simply do not read your content beyond the topic and headlines. (Scary isn’t it?) How will you get to these people? How will you convey your message to this faction of customers?
The main difference between blogging and podcasting, is that in blogging, people read your content, whereas, in podcasting, they hear what you want to convey. In both these Passive income ideas, content plays an important role. Here is how podcasts are different to blogging, and how you can earn more and get higher exposure with podcasts:
- To write a persuasive blog post you need a talent for writing. Whereas, nearly all of us can verbally express our emotions with the rise and fall of our voices, which makes podcasting a win-win situation.
- While writing, you can sometimes cross that fine line, and your post becomes embedded with too much advertising, without you even realizing it. Conversely, in podcasting, you can control what you say, and you can deliver a verbal message in a highly persuasive way.
- You can post your podcast as a blog post.
- With blogging, you can get the reader’s attention for around 3-5 minutes, and if the content is super cool, they can stay as long as 8-10 minutes and read a post of 1000+ words. On podcasts however, you get the attention of your listeners for an average of 10 – 15 minutes, and if the listener really connects with your content, he or she can stay as long as 25 – 40 minutes (the average length of a podcast).
Is Podcasting the Best idea to Make Money?
There is no such thing as the , and best money making Idea for Passive Income. Passive income is a strategy that comprises different tactics and techniques, and podcasting is definitely one of the best.
Why should you choose podcasting along with other money making ideas?
Podcasting allows you to distribute your content on various platforms; you can use it on iTunes, mobile devices, websites, blogs; and as recorded radio broadcasts. Hence, they allow you to connect with your audience on a whole new extended level. Your connection with your customers will not end right after they are have come off their laptop. With podcasts on Android and iOS, you will become an integral part of their everyday life.
You can use podcasts as a Con: and effective marketing tool, especially when you are building your own brand. Podcasts could become your best friends while you are branding your Passive Income business.
5 Reasons Why You Should Use Podcasts to Make money as a Passive Income
Whether you want to connect with the public or want to build a cyber home base for marketing another person’s business, product or service; or you are working on a greater plan of branding your own online business, podcasts can be the right tool to achieve the target/s.
As for as passive income is concerned, anyone who is seriously thinking of utilizing a reliable source of generating hundreds of dollars of steady income, will never overlook the importance of Podcasting.
Determination, enthusiasm and the right strategy are imperative for success. Here are the top five reasons why you must include podcasting in your list of passive income sources:
1. Get the Unexpected Visibility
With the help of Podcasts, you are able to enter a completely new world of passive income. Remember that blogs and affiliate and social media marketing are all content oriented and that they require the target audience to “read” the content. On the other hand, podcasts are easier to understand as they are heard, and do not require a lot of visual effort.
When you upload a podcast on iTunes, you will get the attention of a completely new class of audience. If they like or believe in what you say, they will willingly follow you on other platforms, for example on your blog or social media accounts. And from there you can direct the traffic to your affiliate marketing campaign. See? This is how a comprehensive, inclusive and well-integrated Passive Income Strategy is implemented!
2. Learn about the Popularity of Your Business/Niche
Some people prefer reading blogs while others do not like spending hours hurting their eyes. Just open any of the podcasting apps, particularly those that belong to your niche, and you can see comments that are appreciating or depreciating. , is a sign that the business or the entrepreneur is making right connections and is attracting the attention of his or her target audience. Furthermore, the number of downloads also indicate how successful the podcast is with the target audience.
Let’s put it like this: podcasting helps you realize two important things:
- Your popularity with your target audience
- The opportunity of attracting more of your target audience.
3. Build an Intimate Relation with Your Target Audience
People listen to podcasts with earphones, so with the help of a podcast you directly whisper into their ears; could it get better than this? None of the other marketing techniques build a more intimate relationship with the target audience than a podcast. Those who become regular listeners will make you a permanent part of their life; they will listen to you while doing work as well as while sitting idle, they will listen to you when iTunes. want advice, and even when they seek a companion.
Now it all depends on you how you plan to utilize such a precious space.
4. Re-Purpose Your Content
Being a blogger myself, I know that there are always some blog posts that we want to expand and re-purpose in a different way. For example, you may want to expand a Self Development blog post into a more comprehensive account with some historical background and practical suggestions to overcome common personality flaws.
Thus, a podcast is an excellent way to expand some of your old blog posts. We do not suggest that you to take all your blog posts and then read them out aloud like a school lesson. Instead, the content for re-purposing should be carefully chosen, some additional trimmings and additions should be made, and the recording should be excellent quality.
5. Make Money Out of Your Podcasts
Pat Flynn of Passive Income Ideas, and John Lee Dumas of Entrepreneur on Fire, are literally earning a four to five zero figure income from podcasting alone. You can earn your share by doing affiliate marketing, promoting your products and services, and following other strategies defined in detail later in this chapter.
4 Reasons Why Podcasting is Considered a Super Start Passive Income Source
1. Because it Allows You to Interact with the Audience for a Long Period of Time
Podcasts are normally 35 minutes to 1 hour in length. Nothing else: not a blog or social media post, nor an affiliate marketing link, will allow you to stay connected with your audience this long. Even YouTube videos cannot keep a listener/viewer stay connected with episodes as long as a Podcast.
This long time is an opportunity to both deliver great content in your mesmerizing voice, and to monetize your podcast by recommending affiliate links or promoting your own services.
Besides, many of your listeners might turn into regular clients! Do You Know?
Pat Flynn of Passive Income Ideas landed a Hollywood project just because of his awesome Podcasts. Yes!! It can get this cool!
2. You can Turn Podcast into eBooks!
You can collect your top ten podcasts and turn them into an eBook. You can either sell this eBook or use it as an affiliate program. As if earning directly from Podcasts isn’t enough!
3. It Does Not Create a Dent in Your Budget
Myth: You need a sophisticated system to create a podcast or else it won’t get accepted by iTunes, neither will it attract attention of the listeners.
Reality : To make a podcast you do need a modern microphone and recording system; however, you do not need to spend hundreds of dollars or get a sophisticated system like an FM radio station! The product should convey clean signals, and that is all you need.
4. You can Sell Your Podcast
If you can promote other people’s products and services through your podcast, why not promote and sell your own podcasts? Apart from earning money, this will also help you establish your own brand.
Is Podcasting an Expensive Endeavor?
Whenever an online novice entrepreneur thinks of making his or her own podcasts, several myths and discouragements are issued to scare and disappoint. But just consider this: if podcasting was as expensive as propagated by some apologists, it wouldn’t have been one of the most popular features of Passive Incomes.
Let us show you some of the myths associated with Podcasting and their reality check.
1 . Myth: Podcasting is very expensive; you need to invest $1000+
Reality Check: Today, making a podcast is as easy as creating a video or audio recording on your mobile phone. Smart phones, computer software, and podcast hosting websites have made the life of a novice podcaster much easier.
2. Myth: You have to spend 20+ hours to make a professional Podcast
Reality Check: Time is the most expensive commodity, and we will never suggest you spend an entire day on making, producing, recording, editing and distributing your podcast. All this is now done in just one click: log on to a website, register your account, upload your podcast, and there you go!
3. Myth: Only amateur and inexperienced Podcasters use Podcast Hosting websites
Reality Check: This is simply absurd. You need to realize that today the chances of success are higher for those who work smart; hard work is nothing without smart thinking, pardon me for this! Veteran internet entrepreneurs use these smart and quick tools for making and uploading podcasts. In fact, they are smarter than the rest of the propaganda machinery, which is why they are already making thousands of dollars; and trust me on this; soon you are going to be one of them!
4. Myth: You have to pay more $$s as the number of your listeners grows.
This is because of the increased bandwidth and storage space that your podcasts will occupy on hosting websites.
Reality Check: I mean seriously? This one myth makes my mind dizzy. In this age when everything is on cloud, and the competition between the service providers is cut throat, will the host website risk its reputation and lose out to the competition just because of bandwidth and storage space? You have got better options than this; trust me and keep reading.
5. Myth: You can only make big in Podcasting if you have got reliable Sponsors
Reality Check : You are very lucky if you are able to attract some good sponsors; however, it is definitely not a sign of success. Neither is it mandatory to do in order to achieve it. And who knows, some day you might get the attention of sponsors if the quality of your podcasts is impressive enough! Be positive my friend.
Why Podcasting is Not Expensive:
Podcasting is not very expensive; actually it may cost you nothing if you have registered your account on a good website.
Mostly, new podcasters are worried about the sound quality of their podcasts, and for this reason, they try to choose the best sound recording equipment.
However, in reality you can get the best quality sound equipment for under $250. The good news is that you can use your smart phone to record, edit and upload your podcast. Websites like Talkcast allow you to podcast anywhere, anytime.
Therefore, there is no need to create a separate recording room. You can do fairly well while on the go, why waste time and space?
Can I Outsource Podcast Creation?
Outsourcing is less doing, more living; therefore, I have always been too eager on outsourcing some of my tasks while doing the most challenging parts myself.
In the case of making Podcasts, YES you can outsource the work to a freelancer on oDesk.
However, before jumping to the happy conclusion of someone else doing your work, you must keep in mind the following:
- Podcasting is not a one-step endeavor; it’s a gradual process involving many steps and many technical details. Therefore, before you outsource your work to someone else, you must do all the research yourself. Remember, if you are not a master of the field, you might not be able to pinpoint alleged mistakes present in the work submitted by the freelancer.
- Discuss the project in detail with the freelancer that you choose.Tell him or her your vision about the niche; also, you must suggest tools and equipment that should be used in creating it.
- Indulge in detailed discussion sessions with the freelancer; ask him or her to do SEO keyword research before writing the content.
- Discuss in advance which part will be done by the freelancer, and which part you will be doing yourself.
- Ask for revisions if needed.
How to Make Money with the Help of Podcast
Podcasting has become a lucrative business; just look at how celebrities are using it to connect with their fans. Buy now let us introduce you to some of the tried and tested ways of making money with Podcasts.
- Most of the podcasters mention special products, services, and companies in their podcasts. For example, in a Learn English Language podcast, you might hear about an app that can help you increase your spoken language fluency. The Podcasters then charge the respective company mentioned in the podcast and make money from it.
- Podcasts often contain affiliate links and product recommendations. In fact, a podcast is an excellent tool to promote Blogging and Affiliate Marketing.
- As a podcaster, you can also promote your own services and products in your podcast.
The Business Out of Podcast Directories
We already know that podcasting is an amazing way to attract the attention of an audience that you will not find anywhere else. However, the phrase “Podcast Directories” may be new for some readers. Let’s put it like this: you have created your podcast, and now you are searching for a place where you can get the attention of your target audience, what will you do?
One possible solution is to post the podcast on your blog/website, follow all the SEO, social media, and other Internet marketing techniques, and get the attention of the listeners. But, what if I tell you that you can actually get the attention of millions of enthusiast podcast listeners without investing much of your time?
What are Podcast Directories?
Podcast Directories are just like articles directories (Ezine, HubPages etc.). They contain podcasts on almost all niches, whereas other directories put emphasize on particular niches, while restricting others.
How Podcast Directories Charge? All Podcast Directories charge differently, however, the following give a lump sum plan.
- Charge for Storage and Bandwidth
- Charge only for Storage
- Charge only for Bandwidth
- Unlimited Bandwidth and Storage on Monthly Payment Model
- Unlimited Hosting Opportunities
Pros/Cons of Podcast Directories
Let’s have a look at how these Podcast Directories are helpful for a beginner and why you should use them. When the podcasts refer the visitor back to your website/blog you will get extra attention. The traffic that comes to Podcast Directories is completely different from the traffic that you attract through other platforms. There are greater chances of the visitor noticing other content presents on your website; this could be blog posts, videos, affiliate links etc.
Con: There are hundreds of podcasts uploaded on websites every hour, so it might be a little tricky to get the attention of visitors. However, helpful, authentic podcasts with good content always get their due share.
Podcast Directories rank higher on search engines. Therefore, the website that is linked with these directories will also go up on the page rankings. The results could be amazing if you get your podcast launched on a website with a Google page ranking ranging between 6-4!
Con: In order to achieve this you need to do accurate keyword research.
Otherwise, inappropriate keywords will not do any good. Getting your podcast listed in a directory such as iTunes, seriously impresses new visitors, and earns you a good rank on search engines.
Con: You might have to fulfill certain criteria before submitting your podcast with one of the big podcast directories. Some Directories ask you to have at least 2 – 7 podcasts already up on your blog, and so on.
Self Publishing Podcasts: Pros and Cons
Self-published podcasts allow you to bring your podcasts out in the market yourself, without messing your head up with any third parties. Here are some of the features; pros and cons of self- publishing your podcasts.
You get full control of the writing, production, recording, editing, publishing and royalty package; you don’t need to contact any third party and amend your plans and actions according to them.
Con : As a beginner, you might get confused at various stages. Therefore, it is sometimes a good idea to get help from specialized people, to keep the process smoothly flowing. You can outsource work to a freelancer and get your podcast published.
You can use WordPress for publishing your podcasts.
Con: As a beginner you might face difficulties in getting registered on a prestigious website like iTunes. This can jeopardize your reputation, as association with iTunes and all the other similar web directories do not just promise new traffic and extra exposure, it also ensures you secure a place on top of the search engine rankings.
How to Make a Podcast
Let’s start making your own podcast with the help of an easy step-by-step tutorial.
Step 1: Preparations before Starting
Before you start making a podcast make sure that you have done following things:
- You have smartly chosen a title for your podcast.
- You have chosen your Host Name: i.e. Johns Waters, Writer, Self-Publisher, and Online Entrepreneur. This will be used in Podcast Directories.
- A summary of your podcast. Remember that major Podcast Directories will ask you to submit a summary along with your podcasts. Besides, this summary will appear on search engines as well as iTunes.
Therefore, the summary should convey the gist of the podcast, and be short and to the point.
Step 2: The Equipment
- Get a Microphone to record your Podcast.
- You can use Amazon to purchase ones under $100. Download “Audacity”; the software used for recording podcasts without complicated processes.
- Download a LAME file to convert your podcast to an MP3 file.
Step 3: Produce Content for the Podcast
- The content for the podcast must be original and unique.
- It must be SEO optimized.
- You can outsource writing tasks to an UpWork freelancer.
Step 4: Upload Podcast on a Hosting Website
Libsyn is a great platform to upload your podcast. To have a look at the services offered.
Step 5: Adding Podcast to iTunes
Here is the link with the process of adding your podcast to iTunes.
Note that iTunes cannot be used to create Podcasts; however, you can use it to convert podcasts into the file format for all Apple devices.
Social Media Marketing, SEO and Blogging are the top 3 ways to promote your affiliate marketing products for without any investment.
1. Affiliate Marketing and Social Media Marketing
Social Media is the power tool of the 21 st Century. Social Media can boost your affiliate marketing like nothing else. Here is how you can use this powerful tool to soar up your earnings.
Things that You Should Remember:
- Affiliate Marketing with Social Media is NOT posting random links here and there in the comments of posts, groups, tweets etc.
- Facebook does not allow sales pages to appear on the news feed; if you post direct links they will get sidelined.
- Twitter does not like direct posting of sales links either; you might get temporary exposure, but the link will be lost in the long run.
What You Should Do:
- Do not post bare links, as these are conspicuous and do not attract the attention of the target audience.
- Instead, use embedded links.
- Use images and videos to attract the users’ attention.
- Identify the target audience for your products and create your posts accordingly.
- Drive traffic to the blog/website and welcome your visitors with valuable content.
2. Blogging and Affiliate Marketing
I wanted to promote affiliate products with many ways, but owing to the tremendous and unequivocal contribution that Blogging had made to Internet marketing, I chose to use WordPress CMS instead of Blogspot/Wix/other sub-domain. WordPress is the most popular blogging platform; here is how it can help you build up your blogging site to do affiliate marketing:
- Install WordPress themes that represent your niche. For example, there are visual themes for websites that promote beauty, lifestyle, furniture, and other aesthetic products.
- Install plug-ins that manage, track and update your RSS feed and web content. For example, social media icons that lead blog visitors to your Twitter/Facebook page.
- Place affiliate marketing banners/ads on your website. Post links to the products within the content or at the end of the post.
3. SEO and Affiliate Marketing
There are two ways of Search Engine Optimization marketing that can help you speed up your affiliate marketing website:
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization used for Search Engines (Yahoo, Google, etc.)
- SMO: Social Media Optimization (Optimize your social media posts in order to attract more traffic and generate more leads).
In the broader sense, both these terms are different from one another. However, they are readily used to get more leads. Keywords and key phrases play an important role in attracting more traffic. For example, if you are promoting furniture, the keywords that you can use include:
Coffee tables, Under $100 furniture DIY furniture décor Wood furniture Plastic furniture Garden furniture
Key-phrases that you can use include: Get the best furniture deals Affordable wood furniture How to fix your furniture Thus the traffic that comes to your website is then diverted to the product/s that you are promoting.
Top 10 Affiliate Marketing Definitions You Should know
Bounce Rate: This is the number of visitors/traffic that leaves the website without taking any action.
Click Through Rate (CTR): This is a way to calculate the success ratio of your PPC campaign. It is calculated by dividing visitors who clicked on the ad by the number of times the impression (ad) was generated.
Content Network: This allows an advertiser to share content on other blogs, websites, and campaigns collaborating with Google. It is available with three major search engines.
Conversion: This refers to visitors that actually take an action such as: make a purchase or download a file.
Cost Per Lead (CPL): This refers to the amount paid by the advertiser to the publisher on a per lead basis.
Cost Per Thousand Impressions(CPM): This is the maximum amount paid by the advertiser when the publisher has completed a thousand impressions.
Impressions: This is the number of views or number of people viewing your page.
Long Tail Keywords: This is a specific keyword that contains more than one word, usually used at the climax, when a visitor is about to make a purchase.
Placement Targeting: This allows the advertisers from Google to place the ads on the spots chosen by the advertiser.
Affiliate Marketing is an integrated program; you start from choosing a niche through to earning a steady income. The following is a step-by-step guide to set up your own Affiliate Marketing Business.
Step 1: Choose a Niche
Like blogging, Affiliate Marketing is also niche marketing; unless you excel in your chosen niche, you won’t be able to leave a lasting impact.
How to Choose a Niche?
There are different ways to choose a niche. The procedure that we shared in the blogging chapter can be used to search the niche for your Affiliate Marketing program. Experts. however, state that an individual can do fairly well with any niche if he/she has command over it.
For PPC/CPC, you can choose any niche and start posting ads. For the other two types of Affiliate Marketing. however, you must have a strong online presence. Affiliate marketing networks (Click Bank, Peerfly, and Amazon) can also help you choose the best niche. Just register and log on to the website, and you will see which product is earning the maximum commission.
Step 2: Tools For Affiliate Marketing
Once you have decided on your target niche, the next step is to create a strategy of earning more and more through your affiliate marketing program, but wait! Have you decided which ways you will achieve your goals? Do you know which tools to use to get as much as a pro affiliate marketer earns?
According to researchers, the majority of pro affiliate marketers decide on their niche, and then instantly begin searching and analyzing the tools they can use to gain maximum profit. You don’t need to waste your time searching for tools, though here are some helpful affiliate marketing tools that you can use to double, triple and quadruple your affiliate marketing passive income.
Affiliate Marketing Tools Used by Successful Online Entrepreneurs:
Niche Websites, Blogs, YouTube, Podcasts, and eBooks are a few of the most popular tools which are used successfully by a number of online entrepreneurs. Let’s have a look at each of these independently.
- A niche website strictly targets one keyword/key-phrase.
- While using a niche website, you have to make sure that the keyword is supplemented with LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) and a Secondary Keyword. For Instance, if your primary keyword is Personal Development, a secondary keyword could be Linguistic Development, Personal Growth, Confidence Building, etc.
- A Niche website can be anything from totally content oriented, to an online store with all the shopping, paying and analyzing tools.
- A Niche website may or may not contain a blog, although the rest of the website marketing is done according to internet marketing rules, for example, through SEO or Social Media Marketing.
- A Blog is a web page usually associated with a website or operated independently by an individual.
- It is also niche oriented.
- In affiliate marketing, a blog may or may not be used as a Landing Page. A landing page is the entry point that diverts traffic to the marketer ’s ads. In some cases, the ads are posted directly on the landing page.
- Blogging is comprehensively described in Chapter 1 (Blogging).
- Affiliate Marketing at YouTube can be done in two ways: either by submitting videos and leaving affiliate links or by writing reviews on the videos.
- Besides, it is essential to have a YouTube connection tab on your website or blog, so that the people can easily link to your YouTube channel if you have one. This is just like placing your Facebook or Twitter connection link on your website/blog.
- The majority of successful online entrepreneurs use podcasts as a way of communicating with their target audience.
- Podcasts can be outsourced: you can hire an individual, sign a Non-disclosure, work-for-hire agreement, and then sell the podcasts.
- No one can deny the popularity of eBooks. In the past, they soared to popularity in native English countries including America, Britain, Australia and Europe, with the US and Australia topping the list. However, it is now a fact that the readership of eBooks has grown from North America to Asia, the Pacific, Australasia, and the Middle East.
- Thus, eBooks are considered a most lucrative affiliate marketing tool.
- EBooks could be sold as well as could be given away. The best approach is to ask the visitor to take an action and in turn issue a free eBook. It is however, essential that the eBooks that you give away or sell, are of high quality, and they must add value to the reader ’s knowledge base.
Step 3: Establish Online Presence?
It is in the nature of human beings; that we trust those whom we know well. If you get a chance of purchasing a Gucci product from a roadside wander (provided that you have the money to afford Gucci or other high-class brands), which one would you choose? Of course you will go for an established brand rather than trade on an uncertain and unreliable roadside stall. This is also the case in the online world. Why would people trust you and purchase your recommended products? Do they know you personally?
The people will only trust you when you have proven yourself. According to research, customers believe in Affiliate Marketers who have an established online presence. That means, they are not new in the market, they stay online, they update their blog/website regularly, and they maintain their online reputation. A website or blog is the fundamental part of Affiliate Marketing since it is the platform on which you are going to advertise your products, and earn a big chunk of money.
Usually, I encounter two scenarios: You have an inactive and unprofitable website/blog; you want to revive this website/blog and start an affiliate marketing program on it.
You do not have a website/blog and you want to start it from scratch. This is how you should deal with either situation.
Step 4: Setting up a Website/Blog
I have a Blog/Website that I want to Revive Well that’s good news; you already have a platform to start your affiliate marketing business. Next step is to revive your dead website/blog.
In order to attract regular traffic to your blog/website, you should do following steps:
- Write at least 3-5 blog posts daily. It can cover anything from articles to short product descriptions, product reviews, general how-to articles, lengthy guides, etc. You can outsource writing content. oDesk is an excellent platform to search for freelance writers within a reasonable price range.
- Make your blog/website Search Engine Optimized, popularly known as SEO. SEO helps to improve search engine ranking of your website/blog. Keywords and Key-phrases should be searched according to the requirement of the niche. Besides, they should be placed appropriately within the body of the articles as well as in the content published on the website/blog.
- Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are the best platforms for any type of niche. However, for visual appeal, you can also use Reddit and Pinterest.
I Do Not Have a Blog/Website In this case you need to start from scratch.
WordPress is a great platform to get your own blog/website, you get hundreds of layout themes and plug-ins, and besides, it is very user-friendly. Furthermore, you can control your entire writing and promotion through your WordPress Dashboard and Control Panel.
Here is how you can get you website/blog up and running in a few simple steps.
Go to Fiverr, UpWork or Freelancer.com and hire a freelance this freelance will do the entire job of setting up a website/blog and installing WordPress!
Once you have the login details of your website, you can go and change it through WordPress Dashboard. ( See “How to Set Up Your Blog” for more details ) Follow all the steps given in “I Have a Blog/Website that I Want to Revive” section.
Step 5: Choose an Affiliate Marketing Program
There are third party websites, also known as affiliate networks that offer you Affiliate Marketing Programs.
Amazon is the oldest of all, followed by ClickBank, Max Bounty, Peerfly, and probably hundreds of more. These websites have lists of products placed under different categories.
How To Work with Click Bank, Amazon, Max Bounty and Peerfly The initial process of joining all these websites is simple and similar. You need to sign in as a Publisher, choose the products, and start selling them. However, as every single user is different from the other, you will need to get detailed procedures, so visit these websites and choose the one that is the best fit.
Which one is the Best Affiliate Network?
ClickBank: ClickBank offers the best technical products. However, over a period of time, it has evolved for better; the website is now more user-friendly, and apart from technical products, it is the best place to get real deals on products such as eBooks, Software, and apps.
ClickBank offers the best technical products. However, over a period of time, it has evolved for better; the website is now more user-friendly, and apart from technical products, it is the best place to get real deals on products such as eBooks, Software, and apps.
ClickBank works in four different languages provide diverse payment options with 13+ currencies to choose from and operate throughout the world.
ClickBank’s financial accounts are easy to use; even a beginner can work with them without losing their head. CB Passive program that will teach you how to build your own successful affiliate program. To watch the free video presentation, and learn everything to make you first money online click here.
PMI declared Peerfly the number #1 Affiliate Marketing Network in 2012. This is primarily because of the
PMI declared Peerfly the number #1 Affiliate Marketing Network in 2012. This is primarily because of the high-profit opportunities provided by the network. Peerfly offers you the largest community of the publishers and professionals.
It has the biggest CPA (Cost per Action) database. It has a very active administration and great news for the beginners; most of the queries are instantly solved.
MaxBounty is the elite club of CPA marketing with the most tempting offers. Many seasoned professionals are making $10k+ profit with the help of this network.
Amazon provides access to different online platforms and channels. It is the founder of affiliate marketing and offers good commissions.
Amazon has a huge online store; a huge plus if you want to monetize an Amazon store. Another beauty that Amazon offers is that even if a visitor from your website does not end up buying a product you advertised, and buys something else, you still get paid! They might buy an expensive watch or a video camera and you will get a pretty decent commission.
Step 6: Choose a Product
Choosing a product is another important step towards a stable affiliate passive income. The benefit of joining affiliate marketing websites is that they will give you plenty of suggestions when it comes to choosing products. ClickBank and Amazon etc., have a number of products; besides, many brands and celebrities are associated with them as advertisers. When you join these networks it is quite easy to choose a product.
However, we recommend that you keep in mind a few essential factors: The product that you choose should be related to your field/niche.
Affiliate networks do not assign products to you that do not match with your website/blogs niche. Therefore, it is recommended to check which products pay the best commission and then establish your blog/websites niche.
However, if you already have a website/blog up and running, you can choose the products that fit in best with your niche, instead of the ones that pay more. In this way you will be able to get the attention of the right kind of customers, and besides, the profit prospect also increases.
Step 7: Promote Your Website/Blog
This is the last and the most important step of the overall process of Affiliate Marketing. The Success of your Affiliate Marketing depends on how well you can attract the attention of the target audience.
You can promote your website with the different way some are free which need lots of effort and time and another one is paid advertisement which cost you money. In next blog post, I will take to step by step guide to promote your website using both ways free and paid, until don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for latest updates on our website and comment below.