Social Media Marketing, SEO and Blogging are the top 3 ways to promote your affiliate marketing products for without any investment.
1. Affiliate Marketing and Social Media Marketing
Social Media is the power tool of the 21 st Century. Social Media can boost your affiliate marketing like nothing else. Here is how you can use this powerful tool to soar up your earnings.
Things that You Should Remember:
- Affiliate Marketing with Social Media is NOT posting random links here and there in the comments of posts, groups, tweets etc.
- Facebook does not allow sales pages to appear on the news feed; if you post direct links they will get sidelined.
- Twitter does not like direct posting of sales links either; you might get temporary exposure, but the link will be lost in the long run.
What You Should Do:
- Do not post bare links, as these are conspicuous and do not attract the attention of the target audience.
- Instead, use embedded links.
- Use images and videos to attract the users’ attention.
- Identify the target audience for your products and create your posts accordingly.
- Drive traffic to the blog/website and welcome your visitors with valuable content.
2. Blogging and Affiliate Marketing
I wanted to promote affiliate products with many ways, but owing to the tremendous and unequivocal contribution that Blogging had made to Internet marketing, I chose to use WordPress CMS instead of Blogspot/Wix/other sub-domain. WordPress is the most popular blogging platform; here is how it can help you build up your blogging site to do affiliate marketing:
- Install WordPress themes that represent your niche. For example, there are visual themes for websites that promote beauty, lifestyle, furniture, and other aesthetic products.
- Install plug-ins that manage, track and update your RSS feed and web content. For example, social media icons that lead blog visitors to your Twitter/Facebook page.
- Place affiliate marketing banners/ads on your website. Post links to the products within the content or at the end of the post.
3. SEO and Affiliate Marketing
There are two ways of Search Engine Optimization marketing that can help you speed up your affiliate marketing website:
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization used for Search Engines (Yahoo, Google, etc.)
- SMO: Social Media Optimization (Optimize your social media posts in order to attract more traffic and generate more leads).
In the broader sense, both these terms are different from one another. However, they are readily used to get more leads. Keywords and key phrases play an important role in attracting more traffic. For example, if you are promoting furniture, the keywords that you can use include:
Coffee tables, Under $100 furniture DIY furniture décor Wood furniture Plastic furniture Garden furniture
Key-phrases that you can use include: Get the best furniture deals Affordable wood furniture How to fix your furniture Thus the traffic that comes to your website is then diverted to the product/s that you are promoting.
Top 10 Affiliate Marketing Definitions You Should know
Bounce Rate: This is the number of visitors/traffic that leaves the website without taking any action.
Click Through Rate (CTR): This is a way to calculate the success ratio of your PPC campaign. It is calculated by dividing visitors who clicked on the ad by the number of times the impression (ad) was generated.
Content Network: This allows an advertiser to share content on other blogs, websites, and campaigns collaborating with Google. It is available with three major search engines.
Conversion: This refers to visitors that actually take an action such as: make a purchase or download a file.
Cost Per Lead (CPL): This refers to the amount paid by the advertiser to the publisher on a per lead basis.
Cost Per Thousand Impressions(CPM): This is the maximum amount paid by the advertiser when the publisher has completed a thousand impressions.
Impressions: This is the number of views or number of people viewing your page.
Long Tail Keywords: This is a specific keyword that contains more than one word, usually used at the climax, when a visitor is about to make a purchase.
Placement Targeting: This allows the advertisers from Google to place the ads on the spots chosen by the advertiser.
Affiliate Marketing is an integrated program; you start from choosing a niche through to earning a steady income. The following is a step-by-step guide to set up your own Affiliate Marketing Business.
Step 1: Choose a Niche
Like blogging, Affiliate Marketing is also niche marketing; unless you excel in your chosen niche, you won’t be able to leave a lasting impact.
How to Choose a Niche?
There are different ways to choose a niche. The procedure that we shared in the blogging chapter can be used to search the niche for your Affiliate Marketing program. Experts. however, state that an individual can do fairly well with any niche if he/she has command over it.
For PPC/CPC, you can choose any niche and start posting ads. For the other two types of Affiliate Marketing. however, you must have a strong online presence. Affiliate marketing networks (Click Bank, Peerfly, and Amazon) can also help you choose the best niche. Just register and log on to the website, and you will see which product is earning the maximum commission.
Step 2: Tools For Affiliate Marketing
Once you have decided on your target niche, the next step is to create a strategy of earning more and more through your affiliate marketing program, but wait! Have you decided which ways you will achieve your goals? Do you know which tools to use to get as much as a pro affiliate marketer earns?
According to researchers, the majority of pro affiliate marketers decide on their niche, and then instantly begin searching and analyzing the tools they can use to gain maximum profit. You don’t need to waste your time searching for tools, though here are some helpful affiliate marketing tools that you can use to double, triple and quadruple your affiliate marketing passive income.
Affiliate Marketing Tools Used by Successful Online Entrepreneurs:
Niche Websites, Blogs, YouTube, Podcasts, and eBooks are a few of the most popular tools which are used successfully by a number of online entrepreneurs. Let’s have a look at each of these independently.
- A niche website strictly targets one keyword/key-phrase.
- While using a niche website, you have to make sure that the keyword is supplemented with LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) and a Secondary Keyword. For Instance, if your primary keyword is Personal Development, a secondary keyword could be Linguistic Development, Personal Growth, Confidence Building, etc.
- A Niche website can be anything from totally content oriented, to an online store with all the shopping, paying and analyzing tools.
- A Niche website may or may not contain a blog, although the rest of the website marketing is done according to internet marketing rules, for example, through SEO or Social Media Marketing.
- A Blog is a web page usually associated with a website or operated independently by an individual.
- It is also niche oriented.
- In affiliate marketing, a blog may or may not be used as a Landing Page. A landing page is the entry point that diverts traffic to the marketer ’s ads. In some cases, the ads are posted directly on the landing page.
- Blogging is comprehensively described in Chapter 1 (Blogging).
- Affiliate Marketing at YouTube can be done in two ways: either by submitting videos and leaving affiliate links or by writing reviews on the videos.
- Besides, it is essential to have a YouTube connection tab on your website or blog, so that the people can easily link to your YouTube channel if you have one. This is just like placing your Facebook or Twitter connection link on your website/blog.
- The majority of successful online entrepreneurs use podcasts as a way of communicating with their target audience.
- Podcasts can be outsourced: you can hire an individual, sign a Non-disclosure, work-for-hire agreement, and then sell the podcasts.
- No one can deny the popularity of eBooks. In the past, they soared to popularity in native English countries including America, Britain, Australia and Europe, with the US and Australia topping the list. However, it is now a fact that the readership of eBooks has grown from North America to Asia, the Pacific, Australasia, and the Middle East.
- Thus, eBooks are considered a most lucrative affiliate marketing tool.
- EBooks could be sold as well as could be given away. The best approach is to ask the visitor to take an action and in turn issue a free eBook. It is however, essential that the eBooks that you give away or sell, are of high quality, and they must add value to the reader ’s knowledge base.
Step 3: Establish Online Presence?
It is in the nature of human beings; that we trust those whom we know well. If you get a chance of purchasing a Gucci product from a roadside wander (provided that you have the money to afford Gucci or other high-class brands), which one would you choose? Of course you will go for an established brand rather than trade on an uncertain and unreliable roadside stall. This is also the case in the online world. Why would people trust you and purchase your recommended products? Do they know you personally?
The people will only trust you when you have proven yourself. According to research, customers believe in Affiliate Marketers who have an established online presence. That means, they are not new in the market, they stay online, they update their blog/website regularly, and they maintain their online reputation. A website or blog is the fundamental part of Affiliate Marketing since it is the platform on which you are going to advertise your products, and earn a big chunk of money.
Usually, I encounter two scenarios: You have an inactive and unprofitable website/blog; you want to revive this website/blog and start an affiliate marketing program on it.
You do not have a website/blog and you want to start it from scratch. This is how you should deal with either situation.
Step 4: Setting up a Website/Blog
I have a Blog/Website that I want to Revive Well that’s good news; you already have a platform to start your affiliate marketing business. Next step is to revive your dead website/blog.
In order to attract regular traffic to your blog/website, you should do following steps:
- Write at least 3-5 blog posts daily. It can cover anything from articles to short product descriptions, product reviews, general how-to articles, lengthy guides, etc. You can outsource writing content. oDesk is an excellent platform to search for freelance writers within a reasonable price range.
- Make your blog/website Search Engine Optimized, popularly known as SEO. SEO helps to improve search engine ranking of your website/blog. Keywords and Key-phrases should be searched according to the requirement of the niche. Besides, they should be placed appropriately within the body of the articles as well as in the content published on the website/blog.
- Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are the best platforms for any type of niche. However, for visual appeal, you can also use Reddit and Pinterest.
I Do Not Have a Blog/Website In this case you need to start from scratch.
WordPress is a great platform to get your own blog/website, you get hundreds of layout themes and plug-ins, and besides, it is very user-friendly. Furthermore, you can control your entire writing and promotion through your WordPress Dashboard and Control Panel.
Here is how you can get you website/blog up and running in a few simple steps.
Go to Fiverr, UpWork or Freelancer.com and hire a freelance this freelance will do the entire job of setting up a website/blog and installing WordPress!
Once you have the login details of your website, you can go and change it through WordPress Dashboard. ( See “How to Set Up Your Blog” for more details ) Follow all the steps given in “I Have a Blog/Website that I Want to Revive” section.
Step 5: Choose an Affiliate Marketing Program
There are third party websites, also known as affiliate networks that offer you Affiliate Marketing Programs.
Amazon is the oldest of all, followed by ClickBank, Max Bounty, Peerfly, and probably hundreds of more. These websites have lists of products placed under different categories.
How To Work with Click Bank, Amazon, Max Bounty and Peerfly The initial process of joining all these websites is simple and similar. You need to sign in as a Publisher, choose the products, and start selling them. However, as every single user is different from the other, you will need to get detailed procedures, so visit these websites and choose the one that is the best fit.
Which one is the Best Affiliate Network?
ClickBank: ClickBank offers the best technical products. However, over a period of time, it has evolved for better; the website is now more user-friendly, and apart from technical products, it is the best place to get real deals on products such as eBooks, Software, and apps.
ClickBank offers the best technical products. However, over a period of time, it has evolved for better; the website is now more user-friendly, and apart from technical products, it is the best place to get real deals on products such as eBooks, Software, and apps.
ClickBank works in four different languages provide diverse payment options with 13+ currencies to choose from and operate throughout the world.
ClickBank’s financial accounts are easy to use; even a beginner can work with them without losing their head. CB Passive program that will teach you how to build your own successful affiliate program. To watch the free video presentation, and learn everything to make you first money online click here.
PMI declared Peerfly the number #1 Affiliate Marketing Network in 2012. This is primarily because of the
PMI declared Peerfly the number #1 Affiliate Marketing Network in 2012. This is primarily because of the high-profit opportunities provided by the network. Peerfly offers you the largest community of the publishers and professionals.
It has the biggest CPA (Cost per Action) database. It has a very active administration and great news for the beginners; most of the queries are instantly solved.
MaxBounty is the elite club of CPA marketing with the most tempting offers. Many seasoned professionals are making $10k+ profit with the help of this network.
Amazon provides access to different online platforms and channels. It is the founder of affiliate marketing and offers good commissions.
Amazon has a huge online store; a huge plus if you want to monetize an Amazon store. Another beauty that Amazon offers is that even if a visitor from your website does not end up buying a product you advertised, and buys something else, you still get paid! They might buy an expensive watch or a video camera and you will get a pretty decent commission.
Step 6: Choose a Product
Choosing a product is another important step towards a stable affiliate passive income. The benefit of joining affiliate marketing websites is that they will give you plenty of suggestions when it comes to choosing products. ClickBank and Amazon etc., have a number of products; besides, many brands and celebrities are associated with them as advertisers. When you join these networks it is quite easy to choose a product.
However, we recommend that you keep in mind a few essential factors: The product that you choose should be related to your field/niche.
Affiliate networks do not assign products to you that do not match with your website/blogs niche. Therefore, it is recommended to check which products pay the best commission and then establish your blog/websites niche.
However, if you already have a website/blog up and running, you can choose the products that fit in best with your niche, instead of the ones that pay more. In this way you will be able to get the attention of the right kind of customers, and besides, the profit prospect also increases.
Step 7: Promote Your Website/Blog
This is the last and the most important step of the overall process of Affiliate Marketing. The Success of your Affiliate Marketing depends on how well you can attract the attention of the target audience.
You can promote your website with the different way some are free which need lots of effort and time and another one is paid advertisement which cost you money. In next blog post, I will take to step by step guide to promote your website using both ways free and paid, until don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for latest updates on our website and comment below.
Affiliate Marketing is just like building partnerships. There are three stakeholders in the overall process, the company or person whose product is being promoted, the seller (You!) and the consumer. The deal is equally beneficial to all three stakeholders: the company gets exposure, the seller earns money and the consumer is referred to the product that he or she needs.
Affiliate Marketing is one of the most lucrative Internet marketing opportunities. Besides, it is considered the most paid passive income technique by many veteran Internet entrepreneurs.
Why You Should Choose Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing started almost two decades ago in 1997, when Amazon launched its first affiliate program (which is still working). Currently, global Affiliate Marketing offers a lucrative $6.5 billion industry. This sum was calculated back in 2011, when it was predicted that the industry would add up to $4 billion in the pool of already burgeoning money.
Don’t you want to earn while someone else makes a purchase?
Does a little more profit hurt you? Affiliate Marketing is for you if you want to earn commission on product purchases. The internet has literally exploded with ways to earn money; Affiliate Marketing is definitely one of the highest paying platforms.
You must however, understand that Affiliate Marketing is not an easy job. No doubt hundreds of thousands of passive income seekers choose Affiliate Marketing because of the promising commissions and reliability of a steady income. Nevertheless, nearly half of them fail miserably.
Why Do People Fail in Affiliate Marketing?
They fail because they do not choose right strategy; they do not show perseverance, and just dream of earning big profits overnight. We will not, however, let your Affiliate Marketing business suffer the same fate. Here are a few starting points; remember, at this stage we are talking about keeping your feet firmly on the ground, we’ll talk about the money later in the chapter.
First of all, clear your mind; in Affiliate Marketing there is no instant success. This tree offers fruit to those who remain patient, have perseverance, are realistic, and dream big.
Affiliate Marketing is a not a haphazard approach; i.e. you just choose any products, put them on your blog, and starting earning money. I mean seriously? Is it possible? Affiliate Marketing is a serious business; any field that gives you thousands of dollars as a steady income couldn’t be this non-serious and abrupt, could it? Successful and profitable Affiliate Marketing works on a properly planned strategy.
While doing Affiliate Marketing remember one Golden Rule ; do not let your words, ads, or actions, reveal that you are trying to promote or sell a product (of course we know that we are here to sell the product, but if this is blatantly thrown at the customer ’s face in any way, it can literally piss them off, and beware, it does not take more than 3 seconds to leave your blog and never return!) For the sake of profit, don’t be too pushy, and never act like a salesman/saleswoman.
Three Important Parts of Affiliate Marketing
The owner of the business, product or service that needs advertisements is The Advertiser. He/she is the one who wants to publicize something.
The Publisher is the owner of the blog or website on which ads of The Advertiser are placed. He rents his place to The Advertiser and gets the commission on the links that he sends to the product or website of The Advertiser.
The Consumer is the person who comes as a visitor to the website/blog of The Publisher, clicks on a link, and gets on the landing page of The Advertiser ’s product or service. Whether he or she decides to purchase the product, or leave the Publisher ’s page without taking any action, depends on the consumer.
Thus the chain of affiliate marketing starts. In this overall process, you are The Publisher. Affiliate Marketing is all about selling the products of one party to another party, while the publisher plays the role of a third party.
Do you know that Affiliate Marketing is done in different ways?
Types of Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing can cover anything from cost per action (CPA), commission based sales, cost per thousand (CPM), and cost per click (CPC). Essentially they mean the same thing (commission for selling someone else’s product) but the payment criteria differs.
CPA – You join a CPA site (Maxbounty (Non-Aff Link) or Peerfly (Non Aff Link) are big ones) and get paid when you either get people to submit to an email list, download a toolbar, join a website, etc. The pay ranges from .50 – $99 per action completed. The free offers are usually the ones that convert and normally you will get .50 – $2 per conversion.
Commission – Most major retailers have affiliates (Best buy, Amazon, Walmart, Newegg, etc.) Some of them manage their own like Amazon while others work through networks like commission junction. When you make a sale you get paid a percentage of the cost. These offers are usually sale based and don’t convert quite as high as you will see on CPA. however, the payout is higher and you are backed by major companies and brands.
CPM – You get paid a set cost per 1,000 unique visitors who go to the page with your advertiser’s ad on it. No one needs to click the ad, merely seeing it gets you paid. The payout is usually < $1 per 1,000 and in most cases, you will find that your conversion rate is higher with the other methods. Only use this if you generate a lot of traffic that you feel won’t click on ads.
CPC – Get paid every time a user clicks an ad on your site and gets redirected to your advertiser’s site. The benefits are that they don’t need to make a sale, simply click an ad. The problem is people bid on the keywords and ad placement on your site and the cost per click can vary from .01 – $99 depending on how relevant your site is, how much traffic you get, the click through rate, and if there is a lot of demand for ad space vs sellers of ad space (supply and demand). Most of the time you will see .01 – .75 per click. Google Adsense and Bidvertiser are big ones.
How to Building An Affiliate Website | Infographics
Affiliate Marketing is that the publisher must have the experience of using the product. You cannot falsely promote a product, as it can ruin your reputation as well as dry the pool of your profit.
Affiliate Marketing is all about earning the steady income, and this is only possible when the task is done with full dedication. Remember this is something quite serious: if it is done incorrectly, it can jeopardize your established reputation, but if it is done correctly, it is the best way to earn $1000+ every month, aren’t you interested in adding this amount to your income, every month? Comment below.