Podcast Marketing is different to all other marketing channels because it allows the target audience to connect with you and your product in a unique way. With the help of a podcast, you penetrate into the personal space of an individual. According to research, people listen to podcasts on their laptops, mobile phones, iPods, car stereo systems and MP3 devices. Just imagine how powerful the magical spell of the podcast is, plus, when you launch your own Podcasting app you will stay in touch with your prospective audience, even when they are not reading your blog, watching your YouTube video, or clicking on your affiliate marketing links.
Let’s have a look at the comparisons below:
Podcasts vs. YouTube:
I am a successful YouTuber, can I become a successful Podcaster?
Yes you can !
Podcasting is certainly different to YouTube. Besides, we rarely hear or study cases of individuals who are doing both things right. This is why:
- Podcasting is completely different to YouTube. Although podcasts are sometimes made in a video format which looks and sounds similar to YouTube, the strategy used for podcast promotion and ranking is very different to YouTube.
- On YouTube you have to open and operate your own channel.
- You will get clear cut statistics of how many views you are getting, as well as where the traffic originated. Podcasts, however, are published on apps and websites (e.g. iTunes, RSS, and Android apps).
- You can convert your YouTube videos into audio/video podcasts. Podcasts costs less than YouTube videos, and they are created easier and quicker than the same length YouTube videos.
- Podcasting covers a broader spectrum of audience because it is on iTunes, is distributed through RSS, and is heard on the iOS (Operating system) as well as the Android App.
- You can sell your Podcasts.
- Audio podcasts are more popular than video podcasts and YouTube videos, website because they can be heard while on the go, carrying out a chore, and surfing the internet.
Podcasts vs. Blogging
Do You Know? The majority of people simply do not read your content beyond the topic and headlines. (Scary isn’t it?) How will you get to these people? How will you convey your message to this faction of customers?
The majority of people simply do not read your content beyond the topic and headlines. (Scary isn’t it?) How will you get to these people? How will you convey your message to this faction of customers?
The main difference between blogging and podcasting, is that in blogging, people read your content, whereas, in podcasting, they hear what you want to convey. In both these Passive income ideas, content plays an important role. Here is how podcasts are different to blogging, and how you can earn more and get higher exposure with podcasts:
- To write a persuasive blog post you need a talent for writing. Whereas, nearly all of us can verbally express our emotions with the rise and fall of our voices, which makes podcasting a win-win situation.
- While writing, you can sometimes cross that fine line, and your post becomes embedded with too much advertising, without you even realizing it. Conversely, in podcasting, you can control what you say, and you can deliver a verbal message in a highly persuasive way.
- You can post your podcast as a blog post.
- With blogging, you can get the reader’s attention for around 3-5 minutes, and if the content is super cool, they can stay as long as 8-10 minutes and read a post of 1000+ words. On podcasts however, you get the attention of your listeners for an average of 10 – 15 minutes, and if the listener really connects with your content, he or she can stay as long as 25 – 40 minutes (the average length of a podcast).
Is Podcasting the Best idea to Make Money?
There is no such thing as the , and best money making Idea for Passive Income. Passive income is a strategy that comprises different tactics and techniques, and podcasting is definitely one of the best.
Why should you choose podcasting along with other money making ideas?
Podcasting allows you to distribute your content on various platforms; you can use it on iTunes, mobile devices, websites, blogs; and as recorded radio broadcasts. Hence, they allow you to connect with your audience on a whole new extended level. Your connection with your customers will not end right after they are have come off their laptop. With podcasts on Android and iOS, you will become an integral part of their everyday life.
You can use podcasts as a Con: and effective marketing tool, especially when you are building your own brand. Podcasts could become your best friends while you are branding your Passive Income business.
5 Reasons Why You Should Use Podcasts to Make money as a Passive Income
Whether you want to connect with the public or want to build a cyber home base for marketing another person’s business, product or service; or you are working on a greater plan of branding your own online business, podcasts can be the right tool to achieve the target/s.
As for as passive income is concerned, anyone who is seriously thinking of utilizing a reliable source of generating hundreds of dollars of steady income, will never overlook the importance of Podcasting.
Determination, enthusiasm and the right strategy are imperative for success. Here are the top five reasons why you must include podcasting in your list of passive income sources:
1. Get the Unexpected Visibility
With the help of Podcasts, you are able to enter a completely new world of passive income. Remember that blogs and affiliate and social media marketing are all content oriented and that they require the target audience to “read” the content. On the other hand, podcasts are easier to understand as they are heard, and do not require a lot of visual effort.
When you upload a podcast on iTunes, you will get the attention of a completely new class of audience. If they like or believe in what you say, they will willingly follow you on other platforms, for example on your blog or social media accounts. And from there you can direct the traffic to your affiliate marketing campaign. See? This is how a comprehensive, inclusive and well-integrated Passive Income Strategy is implemented!
2. Learn about the Popularity of Your Business/Niche
Some people prefer reading blogs while others do not like spending hours hurting their eyes. Just open any of the podcasting apps, particularly those that belong to your niche, and you can see comments that are appreciating or depreciating. , is a sign that the business or the entrepreneur is making right connections and is attracting the attention of his or her target audience. Furthermore, the number of downloads also indicate how successful the podcast is with the target audience.
Let’s put it like this: podcasting helps you realize two important things:
- Your popularity with your target audience
- The opportunity of attracting more of your target audience.
3. Build an Intimate Relation with Your Target Audience
People listen to podcasts with earphones, so with the help of a podcast you directly whisper into their ears; could it get better than this? None of the other marketing techniques build a more intimate relationship with the target audience than a podcast. Those who become regular listeners will make you a permanent part of their life; they will listen to you while doing work as well as while sitting idle, they will listen to you when iTunes. want advice, and even when they seek a companion.
Now it all depends on you how you plan to utilize such a precious space.
4. Re-Purpose Your Content
Being a blogger myself, I know that there are always some blog posts that we want to expand and re-purpose in a different way. For example, you may want to expand a Self Development blog post into a more comprehensive account with some historical background and practical suggestions to overcome common personality flaws.
Thus, a podcast is an excellent way to expand some of your old blog posts. We do not suggest that you to take all your blog posts and then read them out aloud like a school lesson. Instead, the content for re-purposing should be carefully chosen, some additional trimmings and additions should be made, and the recording should be excellent quality.
5. Make Money Out of Your Podcasts
Pat Flynn of Passive Income Ideas, and John Lee Dumas of Entrepreneur on Fire, are literally earning a four to five zero figure income from podcasting alone. You can earn your share by doing affiliate marketing, promoting your products and services, and following other strategies defined in detail later in this chapter.
4 Reasons Why Podcasting is Considered a Super Start Passive Income Source
1. Because it Allows You to Interact with the Audience for a Long Period of Time
Podcasts are normally 35 minutes to 1 hour in length. Nothing else: not a blog or social media post, nor an affiliate marketing link, will allow you to stay connected with your audience this long. Even YouTube videos cannot keep a listener/viewer stay connected with episodes as long as a Podcast.
This long time is an opportunity to both deliver great content in your mesmerizing voice, and to monetize your podcast by recommending affiliate links or promoting your own services.
Besides, many of your listeners might turn into regular clients! Do You Know?
Pat Flynn of Passive Income Ideas landed a Hollywood project just because of his awesome Podcasts. Yes!! It can get this cool!
2. You can Turn Podcast into eBooks!
You can collect your top ten podcasts and turn them into an eBook. You can either sell this eBook or use it as an affiliate program. As if earning directly from Podcasts isn’t enough!
3. It Does Not Create a Dent in Your Budget
Myth: You need a sophisticated system to create a podcast or else it won’t get accepted by iTunes, neither will it attract attention of the listeners.
Reality : To make a podcast you do need a modern microphone and recording system; however, you do not need to spend hundreds of dollars or get a sophisticated system like an FM radio station! The product should convey clean signals, and that is all you need.
4. You can Sell Your Podcast
If you can promote other people’s products and services through your podcast, why not promote and sell your own podcasts? Apart from earning money, this will also help you establish your own brand.
Is Podcasting an Expensive Endeavor?
Whenever an online novice entrepreneur thinks of making his or her own podcasts, several myths and discouragements are issued to scare and disappoint. But just consider this: if podcasting was as expensive as propagated by some apologists, it wouldn’t have been one of the most popular features of Passive Incomes.
Let us show you some of the myths associated with Podcasting and their reality check.
1 . Myth: Podcasting is very expensive; you need to invest $1000+
Reality Check: Today, making a podcast is as easy as creating a video or audio recording on your mobile phone. Smart phones, computer software, and podcast hosting websites have made the life of a novice podcaster much easier.
2. Myth: You have to spend 20+ hours to make a professional Podcast
Reality Check: Time is the most expensive commodity, and we will never suggest you spend an entire day on making, producing, recording, editing and distributing your podcast. All this is now done in just one click: log on to a website, register your account, upload your podcast, and there you go!
3. Myth: Only amateur and inexperienced Podcasters use Podcast Hosting websites
Reality Check: This is simply absurd. You need to realize that today the chances of success are higher for those who work smart; hard work is nothing without smart thinking, pardon me for this! Veteran internet entrepreneurs use these smart and quick tools for making and uploading podcasts. In fact, they are smarter than the rest of the propaganda machinery, which is why they are already making thousands of dollars; and trust me on this; soon you are going to be one of them!
4. Myth: You have to pay more $$s as the number of your listeners grows.
This is because of the increased bandwidth and storage space that your podcasts will occupy on hosting websites.
Reality Check: I mean seriously? This one myth makes my mind dizzy. In this age when everything is on cloud, and the competition between the service providers is cut throat, will the host website risk its reputation and lose out to the competition just because of bandwidth and storage space? You have got better options than this; trust me and keep reading.
5. Myth: You can only make big in Podcasting if you have got reliable Sponsors
Reality Check : You are very lucky if you are able to attract some good sponsors; however, it is definitely not a sign of success. Neither is it mandatory to do in order to achieve it. And who knows, some day you might get the attention of sponsors if the quality of your podcasts is impressive enough! Be positive my friend.
Why Podcasting is Not Expensive:
Podcasting is not very expensive; actually it may cost you nothing if you have registered your account on a good website.
Mostly, new podcasters are worried about the sound quality of their podcasts, and for this reason, they try to choose the best sound recording equipment.
However, in reality you can get the best quality sound equipment for under $250. The good news is that you can use your smart phone to record, edit and upload your podcast. Websites like Talkcast allow you to podcast anywhere, anytime.
Therefore, there is no need to create a separate recording room. You can do fairly well while on the go, why waste time and space?
Can I Outsource Podcast Creation?
Outsourcing is less doing, more living; therefore, I have always been too eager on outsourcing some of my tasks while doing the most challenging parts myself.
In the case of making Podcasts, YES you can outsource the work to a freelancer on oDesk.
However, before jumping to the happy conclusion of someone else doing your work, you must keep in mind the following:
- Podcasting is not a one-step endeavor; it’s a gradual process involving many steps and many technical details. Therefore, before you outsource your work to someone else, you must do all the research yourself. Remember, if you are not a master of the field, you might not be able to pinpoint alleged mistakes present in the work submitted by the freelancer.
- Discuss the project in detail with the freelancer that you choose.Tell him or her your vision about the niche; also, you must suggest tools and equipment that should be used in creating it.
- Indulge in detailed discussion sessions with the freelancer; ask him or her to do SEO keyword research before writing the content.
- Discuss in advance which part will be done by the freelancer, and which part you will be doing yourself.
- Ask for revisions if needed.
How to Make Money with the Help of Podcast
Podcasting has become a lucrative business; just look at how celebrities are using it to connect with their fans. Buy now let us introduce you to some of the tried and tested ways of making money with Podcasts.
- Most of the podcasters mention special products, services, and companies in their podcasts. For example, in a Learn English Language podcast, you might hear about an app that can help you increase your spoken language fluency. The Podcasters then charge the respective company mentioned in the podcast and make money from it.
- Podcasts often contain affiliate links and product recommendations. In fact, a podcast is an excellent tool to promote Blogging and Affiliate Marketing.
- As a podcaster, you can also promote your own services and products in your podcast.
The Business Out of Podcast Directories
We already know that podcasting is an amazing way to attract the attention of an audience that you will not find anywhere else. However, the phrase “Podcast Directories” may be new for some readers. Let’s put it like this: you have created your podcast, and now you are searching for a place where you can get the attention of your target audience, what will you do?
One possible solution is to post the podcast on your blog/website, follow all the SEO, social media, and other Internet marketing techniques, and get the attention of the listeners. But, what if I tell you that you can actually get the attention of millions of enthusiast podcast listeners without investing much of your time?
What are Podcast Directories?
Podcast Directories are just like articles directories (Ezine, HubPages etc.). They contain podcasts on almost all niches, whereas other directories put emphasize on particular niches, while restricting others.
How Podcast Directories Charge? All Podcast Directories charge differently, however, the following give a lump sum plan.
- Charge for Storage and Bandwidth
- Charge only for Storage
- Charge only for Bandwidth
- Unlimited Bandwidth and Storage on Monthly Payment Model
- Unlimited Hosting Opportunities
Pros/Cons of Podcast Directories
Let’s have a look at how these Podcast Directories are helpful for a beginner and why you should use them. When the podcasts refer the visitor back to your website/blog you will get extra attention. The traffic that comes to Podcast Directories is completely different from the traffic that you attract through other platforms. There are greater chances of the visitor noticing other content presents on your website; this could be blog posts, videos, affiliate links etc.
Con: There are hundreds of podcasts uploaded on websites every hour, so it might be a little tricky to get the attention of visitors. However, helpful, authentic podcasts with good content always get their due share.
Podcast Directories rank higher on search engines. Therefore, the website that is linked with these directories will also go up on the page rankings. The results could be amazing if you get your podcast launched on a website with a Google page ranking ranging between 6-4!
Con: In order to achieve this you need to do accurate keyword research.
Otherwise, inappropriate keywords will not do any good. Getting your podcast listed in a directory such as iTunes, seriously impresses new visitors, and earns you a good rank on search engines.
Con: You might have to fulfill certain criteria before submitting your podcast with one of the big podcast directories. Some Directories ask you to have at least 2 – 7 podcasts already up on your blog, and so on.
Self Publishing Podcasts: Pros and Cons
Self-published podcasts allow you to bring your podcasts out in the market yourself, without messing your head up with any third parties. Here are some of the features; pros and cons of self- publishing your podcasts.
You get full control of the writing, production, recording, editing, publishing and royalty package; you don’t need to contact any third party and amend your plans and actions according to them.
Con : As a beginner, you might get confused at various stages. Therefore, it is sometimes a good idea to get help from specialized people, to keep the process smoothly flowing. You can outsource work to a freelancer and get your podcast published.
You can use WordPress for publishing your podcasts.
Con: As a beginner you might face difficulties in getting registered on a prestigious website like iTunes. This can jeopardize your reputation, as association with iTunes and all the other similar web directories do not just promise new traffic and extra exposure, it also ensures you secure a place on top of the search engine rankings.
How to Make a Podcast
Let’s start making your own podcast with the help of an easy step-by-step tutorial.
Step 1: Preparations before Starting
Before you start making a podcast make sure that you have done following things:
- You have smartly chosen a title for your podcast.
- You have chosen your Host Name: i.e. Johns Waters, Writer, Self-Publisher, and Online Entrepreneur. This will be used in Podcast Directories.
- A summary of your podcast. Remember that major Podcast Directories will ask you to submit a summary along with your podcasts. Besides, this summary will appear on search engines as well as iTunes.
Therefore, the summary should convey the gist of the podcast, and be short and to the point.
Step 2: The Equipment
- Get a Microphone to record your Podcast.
- You can use Amazon to purchase ones under $100. Download “Audacity”; the software used for recording podcasts without complicated processes.
- Download a LAME file to convert your podcast to an MP3 file.
Step 3: Produce Content for the Podcast
- The content for the podcast must be original and unique.
- It must be SEO optimized.
- You can outsource writing tasks to an UpWork freelancer.
Step 4: Upload Podcast on a Hosting Website
Libsyn is a great platform to upload your podcast. To have a look at the services offered.
Step 5: Adding Podcast to iTunes
Here is the link with the process of adding your podcast to iTunes.
Note that iTunes cannot be used to create Podcasts; however, you can use it to convert podcasts into the file format for all Apple devices.
Affiliate Marketing is an integrated program; you start from choosing a niche through to earning a steady income. The following is a step-by-step guide to set up your own Affiliate Marketing Business.
Step 1: Choose a Niche
Like blogging, Affiliate Marketing is also niche marketing; unless you excel in your chosen niche, you won’t be able to leave a lasting impact.
How to Choose a Niche?
There are different ways to choose a niche. The procedure that we shared in the blogging chapter can be used to search the niche for your Affiliate Marketing program. Experts. however, state that an individual can do fairly well with any niche if he/she has command over it.
For PPC/CPC, you can choose any niche and start posting ads. For the other two types of Affiliate Marketing. however, you must have a strong online presence. Affiliate marketing networks (Click Bank, Peerfly, and Amazon) can also help you choose the best niche. Just register and log on to the website, and you will see which product is earning the maximum commission.
Step 2: Tools For Affiliate Marketing
Once you have decided on your target niche, the next step is to create a strategy of earning more and more through your affiliate marketing program, but wait! Have you decided which ways you will achieve your goals? Do you know which tools to use to get as much as a pro affiliate marketer earns?
According to researchers, the majority of pro affiliate marketers decide on their niche, and then instantly begin searching and analyzing the tools they can use to gain maximum profit. You don’t need to waste your time searching for tools, though here are some helpful affiliate marketing tools that you can use to double, triple and quadruple your affiliate marketing passive income.
Affiliate Marketing Tools Used by Successful Online Entrepreneurs:
Niche Websites, Blogs, YouTube, Podcasts, and eBooks are a few of the most popular tools which are used successfully by a number of online entrepreneurs. Let’s have a look at each of these independently.
- A niche website strictly targets one keyword/key-phrase.
- While using a niche website, you have to make sure that the keyword is supplemented with LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) and a Secondary Keyword. For Instance, if your primary keyword is Personal Development, a secondary keyword could be Linguistic Development, Personal Growth, Confidence Building, etc.
- A Niche website can be anything from totally content oriented, to an online store with all the shopping, paying and analyzing tools.
- A Niche website may or may not contain a blog, although the rest of the website marketing is done according to internet marketing rules, for example, through SEO or Social Media Marketing.
- A Blog is a web page usually associated with a website or operated independently by an individual.
- It is also niche oriented.
- In affiliate marketing, a blog may or may not be used as a Landing Page. A landing page is the entry point that diverts traffic to the marketer ’s ads. In some cases, the ads are posted directly on the landing page.
- Blogging is comprehensively described in Chapter 1 (Blogging).
- Affiliate Marketing at YouTube can be done in two ways: either by submitting videos and leaving affiliate links or by writing reviews on the videos.
- Besides, it is essential to have a YouTube connection tab on your website or blog, so that the people can easily link to your YouTube channel if you have one. This is just like placing your Facebook or Twitter connection link on your website/blog.
- The majority of successful online entrepreneurs use podcasts as a way of communicating with their target audience.
- Podcasts can be outsourced: you can hire an individual, sign a Non-disclosure, work-for-hire agreement, and then sell the podcasts.
- No one can deny the popularity of eBooks. In the past, they soared to popularity in native English countries including America, Britain, Australia and Europe, with the US and Australia topping the list. However, it is now a fact that the readership of eBooks has grown from North America to Asia, the Pacific, Australasia, and the Middle East.
- Thus, eBooks are considered a most lucrative affiliate marketing tool.
- EBooks could be sold as well as could be given away. The best approach is to ask the visitor to take an action and in turn issue a free eBook. It is however, essential that the eBooks that you give away or sell, are of high quality, and they must add value to the reader ’s knowledge base.
Step 3: Establish Online Presence?
It is in the nature of human beings; that we trust those whom we know well. If you get a chance of purchasing a Gucci product from a roadside wander (provided that you have the money to afford Gucci or other high-class brands), which one would you choose? Of course you will go for an established brand rather than trade on an uncertain and unreliable roadside stall. This is also the case in the online world. Why would people trust you and purchase your recommended products? Do they know you personally?
The people will only trust you when you have proven yourself. According to research, customers believe in Affiliate Marketers who have an established online presence. That means, they are not new in the market, they stay online, they update their blog/website regularly, and they maintain their online reputation. A website or blog is the fundamental part of Affiliate Marketing since it is the platform on which you are going to advertise your products, and earn a big chunk of money.
Usually, I encounter two scenarios: You have an inactive and unprofitable website/blog; you want to revive this website/blog and start an affiliate marketing program on it.
You do not have a website/blog and you want to start it from scratch. This is how you should deal with either situation.
Step 4: Setting up a Website/Blog
I have a Blog/Website that I want to Revive Well that’s good news; you already have a platform to start your affiliate marketing business. Next step is to revive your dead website/blog.
In order to attract regular traffic to your blog/website, you should do following steps:
- Write at least 3-5 blog posts daily. It can cover anything from articles to short product descriptions, product reviews, general how-to articles, lengthy guides, etc. You can outsource writing content. oDesk is an excellent platform to search for freelance writers within a reasonable price range.
- Make your blog/website Search Engine Optimized, popularly known as SEO. SEO helps to improve search engine ranking of your website/blog. Keywords and Key-phrases should be searched according to the requirement of the niche. Besides, they should be placed appropriately within the body of the articles as well as in the content published on the website/blog.
- Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are the best platforms for any type of niche. However, for visual appeal, you can also use Reddit and Pinterest.
I Do Not Have a Blog/Website In this case you need to start from scratch.
WordPress is a great platform to get your own blog/website, you get hundreds of layout themes and plug-ins, and besides, it is very user-friendly. Furthermore, you can control your entire writing and promotion through your WordPress Dashboard and Control Panel.
Here is how you can get you website/blog up and running in a few simple steps.
Go to Fiverr, UpWork or Freelancer.com and hire a freelance this freelance will do the entire job of setting up a website/blog and installing WordPress!
Once you have the login details of your website, you can go and change it through WordPress Dashboard. ( See “How to Set Up Your Blog” for more details ) Follow all the steps given in “I Have a Blog/Website that I Want to Revive” section.
Step 5: Choose an Affiliate Marketing Program
There are third party websites, also known as affiliate networks that offer you Affiliate Marketing Programs.
Amazon is the oldest of all, followed by ClickBank, Max Bounty, Peerfly, and probably hundreds of more. These websites have lists of products placed under different categories.
How To Work with Click Bank, Amazon, Max Bounty and Peerfly The initial process of joining all these websites is simple and similar. You need to sign in as a Publisher, choose the products, and start selling them. However, as every single user is different from the other, you will need to get detailed procedures, so visit these websites and choose the one that is the best fit.
Which one is the Best Affiliate Network?
ClickBank: ClickBank offers the best technical products. However, over a period of time, it has evolved for better; the website is now more user-friendly, and apart from technical products, it is the best place to get real deals on products such as eBooks, Software, and apps.
ClickBank offers the best technical products. However, over a period of time, it has evolved for better; the website is now more user-friendly, and apart from technical products, it is the best place to get real deals on products such as eBooks, Software, and apps.
ClickBank works in four different languages provide diverse payment options with 13+ currencies to choose from and operate throughout the world.
ClickBank’s financial accounts are easy to use; even a beginner can work with them without losing their head. CB Passive program that will teach you how to build your own successful affiliate program. To watch the free video presentation, and learn everything to make you first money online click here.
PMI declared Peerfly the number #1 Affiliate Marketing Network in 2012. This is primarily because of the
PMI declared Peerfly the number #1 Affiliate Marketing Network in 2012. This is primarily because of the high-profit opportunities provided by the network. Peerfly offers you the largest community of the publishers and professionals.
It has the biggest CPA (Cost per Action) database. It has a very active administration and great news for the beginners; most of the queries are instantly solved.
MaxBounty is the elite club of CPA marketing with the most tempting offers. Many seasoned professionals are making $10k+ profit with the help of this network.
Amazon provides access to different online platforms and channels. It is the founder of affiliate marketing and offers good commissions.
Amazon has a huge online store; a huge plus if you want to monetize an Amazon store. Another beauty that Amazon offers is that even if a visitor from your website does not end up buying a product you advertised, and buys something else, you still get paid! They might buy an expensive watch or a video camera and you will get a pretty decent commission.
Step 6: Choose a Product
Choosing a product is another important step towards a stable affiliate passive income. The benefit of joining affiliate marketing websites is that they will give you plenty of suggestions when it comes to choosing products. ClickBank and Amazon etc., have a number of products; besides, many brands and celebrities are associated with them as advertisers. When you join these networks it is quite easy to choose a product.
However, we recommend that you keep in mind a few essential factors: The product that you choose should be related to your field/niche.
Affiliate networks do not assign products to you that do not match with your website/blogs niche. Therefore, it is recommended to check which products pay the best commission and then establish your blog/websites niche.
However, if you already have a website/blog up and running, you can choose the products that fit in best with your niche, instead of the ones that pay more. In this way you will be able to get the attention of the right kind of customers, and besides, the profit prospect also increases.
Step 7: Promote Your Website/Blog
This is the last and the most important step of the overall process of Affiliate Marketing. The Success of your Affiliate Marketing depends on how well you can attract the attention of the target audience.
You can promote your website with the different way some are free which need lots of effort and time and another one is paid advertisement which cost you money. In next blog post, I will take to step by step guide to promote your website using both ways free and paid, until don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for latest updates on our website and comment below.
Setting up a blog is considered to be the most technical, time-consuming, and difficult, of the entire blogging process. But wait for a second: is it really such a big issue? Definitely not!
If you have not read my previous blog post on blogging “Why You should Start your own Blog” then read it first.
You can actually set up a blog in no more than 10 minutes, or even better, outsource the work to a professional through an outsourcing website such as oDesk.
Let’s start setting up your own blog.
Step 1: Selecting Niche
You cannot set up a concrete plan unless you know your niche. There are a number of ways you can choose the most profitable niche. Most of the novice bloggers make the mistake of choosing a niche that they “think” is more profitable. An excellent way to understand the validity of your niche is to ask yourself a few questions;
Who is going to read my content? Define the demographics of your audience (Age, Profession, Interests), are they experiencing a strong emotional need for my content? Pain? Urgency? Irrational passion?
Is my audience proactively looking for the content I am going to write?
How many competitors are already producing epic content on the same niche? Do my prospective customers have other options to choose from? How can I be different from my competition to guarantee that people will choose to read me? Do these chances apply to me?
Now, there are two possible solutions: One way is to choose the niche: whichever you think is profitable, write the content and wait for the audience to notice it. (It would be a miracle if your content gets noticed!!) Another way is to choose a niche that represents your expertise: smartly do the marketing and spread the word, earn the share and BINGO!
According to the experts, you must choose a niche in which you are interested and experienced. One of our friends writes blogs on acupuncture. Cursorily looking, the niche may look less profitable. You will wonder how many people would be interested in acupuncture? Or worse, how many even know there is an ancient Chinese system of treatment called acupuncture? But actually, the blogger is earning a decent income, firstly because he or she is an expert in the field, and secondly because there is less competition.
When All the Good Ideas Are Already Taken!
At this point of selection, the competition matters less than at advanced levels. Now is the time to choose a niche in which you “ specialize”. It does not matter if the niche is already taken by hundreds; if you deliver the best content and adopt the right marketing approach, you will get noticed sooner rather than later!
Step 2: Choose the Blogging Platform – Free Vs. Self-Hosted
The next step is to choose the blogging platform. Choosing a free platform such as blogger.com or tumbler.com seems like the most attractive opportunity; however, if you want to get a decent passive income, then you need to shun these free platforms.
Why You Should Shun Free Blogging Platforms
- You will not get your own domain name
- You will not get different themes/layouts and plug-ins
- You do not have any control over your blog as it is not your property; if the moderator thinks that you are violating their policies, your blog can be deleted without any prior notice. (This is no joke; just read the agreements given by free blogging platforms)
- Your host website will earn 50% of your earned money! Yes, this injustice!
Get Your Own Domain Name
What do you do when someone wants to meet or call you? You give them your address or your phone number, right? Your Domain Name serves the same purpose. It is your online address through which people can access you. Here are a few of the Domain Names: wikipedia.org Harvard.edu facebook.com nytimes.com
What can you spot on these Domain Names? They all clearly identify the organization they represent. When we read them, we instantly know which Domain Name is for which company/organization or website. Therefore you must choose a Domain Name that clearly defines your niche. If you are writing about Martial Arts you cannot choose a Domain Name that runs like www.learnit.com.
A good Domain Name must have following qualities:
- It should be short and easy to memorize.
- It is better if your domain name contains target keywords. This way there are more chances that search engines such as Google will find you when people are searching for your content, for example, CatFood.com, IndiaTravel.com.
- The Domain Name must not be in the name of the organization or owner unless the organization is a well-known multinational, or the person is a celebrity. If you choose your first and last name as the domain name for your blog, it could be very difficult to sell, should you decide to.
- Do not use dashes ‘-‘ in your domain name. Even though it is allowed, it is not a recommended practice. In my experience, a search engine will give a better preference to a domain name with no dashes. For example:
- MyDomainName.com will rank higher than my-domain-name.com.
- Do not use numbers in your domain name because people may not be very sure how to write it correctly. eg: jokes4u.com or JokeFourYou.com
Where and How to Get a Domain Name?
You can register a domain name together with a blog hosting plan in under 4 minutes with GoDaddy or DreamHost. The process is highly automated, and in 5-6 clicks, you will have your domain name purchased and your blog up and running!
Get Reliable Webhosting Services When you want to set up a brick and mortar shop, what is the first thing you do? You rent a shop or space where you can settle down and put the products on display. Webhosting Servers do the same thing.
Webhosting Servers provide you virtual space to set up your website. Without a Webhosting service, your Doman Name will be like a phone number without a telephone connection, an address without a house, and a name without a person.
For a new blogger, nothing surpasses WordPress. Do you know that the majority of novice and pro bloggers choose WordPress for their blogging platform? This is because WordPress is simple for beginners, and in the case of advanced bloggers, it provides sophisticated tools, new and advanced plug-ins, sales statistics, and hundreds of thousands of themes.
Step 3: Promote Your Blog
Now you have all the essentials that are needed to build a blog. However, there is still much to do; remember your aim is to earn more out of the blog and for this, you need to construct one that stands out in the millions.
Write Headlines that Attract Instant Attraction
We all click on the links that promise something new and different. Similarly, we just skip the ones that do not attract us. Hence, we need to make the headlines keys that instantly open up the way to our great blog posts. Here is how you can do this.
- The headline should not be more than 12-15 words long.
- It should summarize what you are offering in the main body of the article.
- The headline must be intriguing: it should compel the viewer to read further. Dull, boring and monotonous headlines can repel the reader.
- A little tinge of controversy sometimes works wonders; however, DO NOT overdo it!
- Numbers do wonders; for instance: top five ways, top three ideas, etc.
Follow 4 Effective Steps to Increase In-Flow of Traffic
1. Set Backlinks. Backlinks are the hyperlinks that divert traffic from one page to another. Here is a great article on how you can successfully convert back links into sales: Backlinking Strategy that Works. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is an effective way to optimize your blog’s content in such a way that it appears higher on search engines. Using relevant keywords and key phrases can help you a lot.
2. Social Media Marketing is currently the most effective tool. More than half the world’s population uses one or more Social Media platforms. You can link your blog to one or more platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Reddit, which are great sources of getting more visitors.
3. Build a mutually cooperative relationship with other blogs that are either centered on the same niche as yours or based on related niches, that way, you will be able to share readers and customers. What to know more about it? Here is a beneficial link: How to Find a Profitable Niche Site Idea
4. Email marketing along with newsletters can help you expand your followers. You can ask all random visitors to leave their email address; however, you must keep in mind that the visitor will only be willing to stay in touch with your blog if it offers something valuable in terms of content. So basically, everything is back to square one: the content.
Step 4: Retain Readers for a Long Time
The art of attracting and retaining readers requires smart thinking. Here are the top four ways to retain a loyal readership. Make a schedule of posting new blog posts. When a reader is enticed by one of your posts he or she will be eager to read more from you. Thus, they will start waiting for the next masterpiece coming from your side; again, content is the kingmaker!
Communicate with your readers. That does not mean talking or chatting with them; instead, send them regular newsletters and respond to the comments they post. Indulge with the readers on social media; especially on Facebook and Twitter.
Attract readers with a “Special Day” post. Make sure the post is different from routine posts; it should be attractive to the followers of your niche, and you must deliver what you have promised. For example, you can ask your readers to send you limited length articles, and the top five posts could be published on your blog under the visitor’s author’s name.
Step 5: Top Three Ways of Making Money through your Blog
With this type of marketing, you will get a share for each visitor that you send to the client’s website if they buy something. ClickBank is one of the most successful platforms that offer high-quality affiliate products you can promote on your blog.
Another great place you can find products to promote and earn affiliate commission is Amazon.com. With Amazon, you can promote books or products relevant to your business. And the beauty is that: if people go to Amazon from your website, not only do you get a commission if they buy one of your promoted products, you also get a commission if they buy different products as well.
For example, instead of buying a book you are promoting, they might buy a video camera, which will make your commission even higher!
Google AdSense offers you Pay per Click profits. You have to register with Google AdSense, and then post a code with your article. Google will suggest suitable posts that are relevant to the ad content. In no time at all, you will start earning commission beginning from a few cents, up to several hundred dollars. Sell ad space on your blog to other companies
Leverage Your Time:
Once you have established your reputation as a blogger, you can Leverage Your Time as well as your posts on other blogs and clients. You can do this yourself or hire a ghostwriter.
How to Become a Productive Blogger | SlideShare
Do you know, around 77% of Internet users frequently read blogs? Furthermore, around 23% of their total Internet time is spent on reading blogs and surfing social networking sites. The term “Blog” was first introduced in 1997, when John Barger called his website a “weblog and was later shortened to the current term, Blog.
What Blogging Is
Blogging refers to the process of creating, managing, updating and earning, by writing content on a website. The entire process of Blogging, however, is not as simple as the above-given definition might suggest.
Why You should Start Blogging
We all come across articles and posts that tell us that blogging is done for various reasons; most commonly for sharing expertise or gaining recognition etc. However, by conducting a thorough study we can see that the major reason for blogging is to earn money.
Whether a person writes a blog for sharing expertise, gaining recognition, promoting products, introducing a company, or attracting clients, their sole aim is to make money. For instance, when a person shares expertise, he or she is after earning recognition, and once the public start acknowledging them, they will begin giving out recommendations: approvals for purchasing products or hiring services from their company or corporation, and so on.
Similarly, when a company runs a blog, its main aim is to increase its product sales and ultimately increase its revenue. A blog is an excellent source of earning money unless you just want to keep it as a personal diary, an account of the rambled anecdotes occurring in your life.
So before getting started, we must realize that we are here to earn money, and for that, we will need the top most talent to do the job; we will need the most sophisticated tools to run the business (blogging in this case) and the most profitable strategy to operate our Blogs on autopilot.
Types of Bloggers:
Basically, there are four types of Bloggers:
1. The Hobbyists:
They blog as a pastime and leisure activity, spending no more than 3-4 hours per week updating their blog. Their blog posts are usually based on short everyday life accounts and rambling anecdotes.
2. Professional Bloggers:
They take blogging as a full-time job, working as a freelance writer. They may or may not own their blogs, however, they do provide ghostwriting services either individually, or through a platform such as oDesk or Elance.
3. Corporate Bloggers: This is a more combative brigade in the blogging community. This type of blogger is usually associated with small, medium and large companies and corporations. They are responsible for managing company blogs, follow comments, and build up a readership. In some cases, they also work as content marketers. Corporate Bloggers comprise up to 8% of the Blogging community.
4. The Entrepreneurs: Entrepreneur bloggers represent up to 13% of the Blogger community. They run blogs for their own companies.
Aside from the Hobbyists, all the other categories of Bloggers earn a decent living from writing. There are however, huge differences between their incomes.
This may shock you; so let’s have a look at the ballpark annual earnings:
- The Entrepreneur Bloggers: up to $100,000
- The Corporate Bloggers: up to $50,000
- The Professional Bloggers: up to $40,000
- The Hobbyists: most of them do not earn anything
These are just a few numbers collected as an average. Yet, we can see striking dissimilarities when it comes to making money through blogging. Keeping in mind the average income of each type of blogger, now this is the time for you to make your final choice. Do you want to have your own blog, earn thousands of dollars, and spend far less time? Or Do you want to be a subservient writer, who gives hours of his or her valuable time just for peanuts?
You Can Become a Pro Blogger! This is not a joke, all those who are earning hundreds of thousands of dollars aren’t masterminds, neither they are students of Einstein or Bill Gates. They have made their life, and now my friend, it’s your turn!
Content Marketing Trends to Watch out for in 2017
Page 1 of 11